Get your life on track!
- Do you feel stuck and need new direction?
- Do you want to understand yourself better?
- Are relationships at work or home strained?
- Do you want to live a happier and more fulfilling life?
- Is everything going wrong and you don’t know what to do about it?
You need a private tutor to help you develop a toolkit to deal with life’s challenges.
A tutor helps you understand yourself and others; working with you to overcome challenges and to unlock your potential. To be the best you, you can be.
Alison has been tutoring people just like you, for over six years. She will give you practical life guidance and advice based on solid experience and genuine empathy. Helping you to be happy with what you’ve got, whilst being in pursuit of what you want.
Tutoring is like having a personal trainer to guide you through life’s maze. It helps you to discover your true potential and work with it to optimise your life.You develop a toolkit to deal with life and a fresh way of looking at things; the means to create the life you want.Through understanding ourselves better we can understand and relate to others. All progress in life requires interaction with other people. The more positively that occurs the smoother our progress is.
Where Can Tutoring Help?
A tutor can work with an individual to develop and improve virtually any aspect of that individual’s life.
Some examples are:
- clarifying what you want from life – your purpose and vision
- forging a new career path
- having someone ‘on your side’ to support and encourage you on your journey of change
- a sounding board for your ideas, plans and strategies
- improving interactions/relationships with others
- gaining clarity to support effective actions towards a major decision
- having someone to keep you focussed, challenge you, stretch you, keep you accountable and confront you when you are falling behind on your commitments
- moving forward after a personal crisis – divorce, death, disability – creating a different, new life
How Long Does it Take?
However long it takes you to achieve a specific goal or level of confidence. Sometimes a couple of one hour sessions are all you need.
Tutoring or Therapy?
This little story helps to explain the difference. Think of two cars driving along a dirt road. One car blows a gasket and stops. The other car gets a flat tyre and stops. The first car needs towing to a workshop and a mechanic to fix it. This is the therapy patient. The second car needs a couple of tools and the knowledge of how to change a wheel and then it can be on its way. This is the tutoring client.
Therapists are what you need if your life needs mending, whereas tutors consider a degree of wellness as a given, or will refer you to a therapist to first achieve it. A personal tutor takes cognisance of what has happened in your past but focuses on helping you move forwards in your life.
The Next Step
Call us for an initial 90 minute session. 30 minutes is free, to allow us to get to know one another and review your needs. The balance is paid at standard rates.
You will leave inspired, having achieved progress and set an agenda for any further work that may need to be done.
Sessions can be in person or via Skype or telephone.
Some Comments from Clients
” Oftentimes people do not appreciate what others do for them. I just want to thank you for contributing so much in my life. I have really grown and look at life differently. Thanks to you I come to a point where I am not willing to settle for whatever comes my way. I know that I am responsible for my destiny hence my looking for positions in the field/s that I think I will enjoy. ”
” Alison was encouraging, motivating and very supportive in helping me through a challenging period in my life. She also gave very practical advice that I could use in solving problems I had. I really value the positive impact she had on my life. All in all, she helped me in uncovering negative, destructive beliefs and channelling all that negative energy into positive energy needed for a positive change. ”
“I have started to do what I wanted to do which I had difficulty doing on my own…having had the sessions has motivated me. ”
More testimonials can be found at Alison’s LinkedIn profile.